Your comments

I'm going to guess that ``blogify(".")`` creates only the first 'contents' page linking to the lectures and that each lecture has to be produced from within its directory each at a time. I'm going to assume that 'poirot' is needed and that not mentioning it was an oversight. So now, my question is: how can I share 'common' styles across the different lectures? Each has its own assets/css, can I customize a 'master' css that would apply to all sub-lectures? I'm going to ask on s.o.
On point 4 above, here is an example:

```{r echo = F, results = 'asis'}
lectures <- dir('lectures', full = TRUE)
titles <- c("This is about X", "This is about Y", "This is about Z"])
links <- paste0(seq_along(lectures), ". ",
"[", basename(lectures), " : ", titles, "]", "(", lectures, "/index.html)"
)
writeLines(links)
```
so you can store the lectures in directories named by numbers, e.g. "Lecture 01" and at the same time list a more detailed explanation of what the directory contains.

This might be useful to have in the template.
I can't seem to be able to edit my question, so I'll comment here. About point 2. above, perhaps I was missing the ``slidifyLibraries``. I still get an error message, but it's now about knitr, so in a way more promising:

library("devtools")
install_github(c("slidify", "slidifyLibraries"), "ramnathv", ref = "dev")

library("slidifyLibraries")
blogify(".")
Error in knit(inputFile, outputFile, envir = envir) :
argument "envir" is missing, with no default

On a hunch, I installed 'poirot' of which I heard about on github from someone who experienced a similar error message.

https://github.com/ramnathv/poirot/issues/19

install_github('poirot', 'ramnathv')
library("poirot")

I still get an error, but it does seem to have gone a lot further this time around.

So my question now is: did I need to install 'poirot' ? There is no mention of it there:

http://slidify.github.io/lectureSite/